Friday, June 19, 2009

Chapter 1.2

The Roland family is in a constant state of struggle. Eddie and Constance aren't even friends anymore but they have to share the same bed. I can't imagine how uncomfortable that is! I think they should just get a divorce in be done with it, but both refuse to leave. Their daughter, Lyla, isn't doing so well. She just got fired from her job at the spa. One day she was too tired to go to work and the next day she was too tired to put forth much effort so they fired her. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a result of all the trouble at home. I have a feeling she may be the cause of some of the trouble though.
Their son, Trevor, is as cute as can be, but can't cook a good muffin for the life of him. He hasn't been exposed to his parents feuding as long as Lyla has so there's no real distress signs yet. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time though.
It took until Eddie became an elder to be able to afford proper living room furniture. Up until now there was no couch, tv, gaming console, or rug. It's so nice to see everything coming together! Now, if I could only afford those other four dining room chairs. On the plus side, Eddie doesn't get a negative moodlet when he interacts with Lyla anymore since she's a teenage now.
Of course, I set up this picture. I believe both of them had a want to go fishing so I sent them off together.

"Good catch, Eddie."
Eddie: "Not you again! I thought you were gone."
"Nah, I've just been quiet lately."
Eddie: "Well, go back to being quiet then!"
"Eh, I don't feel like it. So, how's fishing with your son?"
Eddie: "It sucks! I'd be in a much better mood if he wasn't here next to me. Fishing can't be fun when kids are around."
"I see you still don't like kids very much. How about Lyla? She's a teen now. Are you getting along better with her?"
Eddie: "I guess so."
"Your relationship panel shows you two are friends so that's very good. I'm impressed."
Eddie: "It's her mean streak, I can't help but like her."

Uh-huh. Mean? She looks pretty harmless and silly now if you ask me. Although, I don't really believe people in real life do this very often as a common interaction, I can't help but loving sims faces when they do this. It's too funny!
"Are you getting arrested again?"
Eddie: "Yeah..."
"This is like your fifth time. What is going on?"
Eddie: "What can I say? I'm a loser..."
"You can't be a total loser, otherwise you wouldn't have made it this far. Aren't you at level 7 in your career?"
Eddie: "Yeah..."
"Dude, cheer up!"
Eddie: "Why? My boss thinks my a loser and my wife hates me!"
"Do you really like Constance? I thought you had commitment issues."
Eddie: "Before we even got married I had a romantic interest in her. Maybe, I didn't want to get married at first but I got over that a long time ago. Had she not tricked me into having two children our relationship would be just fine."
"I think you should talk to her about this."
Eddie: "It's too late the damage is done."
"You may be surprised..."
Lyla has learned the more time she spends outside her house, the happier she feels. She spends a lot of time at the movies or meeting up with friends when she's not in school.
Lyla has instructed her brother to do the same as well, just not with her. The playground at school has become one of his favorite places in the neighborhood.
For now he's only playing by himself but he's starting to make friends at school so hopefully he'll soon have a buddy to play with. I'm so glad we didn't have to wait for an expansion pack for the playground equipment. I don't use it much but it's definitely nice to have.
I wonder where Trevor got this bike. I haven't bought any for the family. I do love how sims can bike to their destinations. That's cool. Plus I bet it's increasing their athleticism skill.

*sigh* Another fire...perhaps, we need a better stove or maybe Lyla should read up on some cooking.
Whoa, look at the sweat dripping off him. That's disgusting! I think the long sleeve shirt with a jacket vest on over it is a bit much. I've never noticed sweat before. Probably because I wasn't paying attention though. Eddie doesn't have to go to the gym anymore for a good workbook because he's got a treadmill in his home now. I still need those dining room chairs though!
Lyla: "Hey, I haven't seen you much lately. School got you busy?"
Ruben: "Yeah, how about you? What have you been up to?"
Lyla: "Well, I started a kitchen fire the other day."
Ruben: "Oops!"
Lyla: "I thought my mom was going to kill me but she was just glad I was okay."
Ruben: "I love this soon. Care to dance?"
Lyla: "Sure. There's nothing better then some good dancing tunes!"
Yay! Lyla's paintings finally look nice. Too bad she has to sell this one. The more money the family has the sooner I can properly furnish their home. I still need those dining room chairs...
Eddie had a wish to train someone so I sent him to the local gym. The first person he was going to train he got in an argument with because he always rudely greets people if I'm not paying attention. Good thing the gym was pretty busy so there were many trainees to chose from.
Aw! It looks like Ruben and Lyla like each other. The only trait I know Ruben has so far is snob. That's probably because he's rich though.
Lyla barely got her first kiss before she became a young adult. I'm not sure why she's frowning in this picture but she's usually not too grumpy. I randomly rolled Loves the Outdoor trait for her so maybe she's unhappy about being inside.
Her lifetime want is to became a hit movie composer so she headed down to the theatre and got a job as a fan. I don't know about you, but I'd love to get pay to be a fan and cheer during concerts! That's the life.
Lyla only has about four guitar skills but that still draws the crowds. I was pretty surprised to see so many sims gather around to listen. I figured maybe one or two would stop since her skill level isn't too high but I guess not. Soon she'll be able to play for tips :)
Look! Look! I was finally able to afford those dining room chairs! Woot! Woot! Oh yeah, Trevor is growing up. Lyla decided to throw a party for him. Mostly so she could invite all her male friends over and get to know them a little better. It's amazing how much food everyone brings with them. Even after putting all the leftovers in the fridge the family ends up throwing away most of it out after a couple days.
Tada! Trevor as a teen. Eddie no longer has to be unhappy when he spends time with his son. I'll be unhappy if I have to look at him with the same hair style as his father had as an adult though. It's time to change! Trevor was randomly given the perfectionist trait.
Lyla: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"
Trevor: "Geez, you scared the hell out of me, Lyla! What was that for?"
Lyla: "Relax, I was just having some fun."
Trevor: "Fun for you maybe."
Lyla: "Don't you think you spent enough time in here changing your look? Our company's getting anxious to see the new you."
Trevor: "How do I look?"
Lyla: "Fantastic! Now, lets go lil' bro."

In true Lyla fashion, she threw a rocking party for her little bro. Everyone had a great time and talked about it for days.

Up until this point, I had not even tried gardening. All my sims kept rolling wishes to try it so I gave in and sent Lyla to a gardening class. She came home with three veggies and one fruit to plant in the ground. Here she is planting what she took home with her. I wonder how they'll turn out.
Constance: "The toilet is disgusting. Why don't you ever clean it? Must I do everything myself?"
Eddie: "You sure are a nagging old lady! What ever happened to the nice lady I married?"
Constance: "She's long gone!"
Eddie: "Any chance she'll ever come back?"
Constance: "Ha!"

Lyla found a coupon in the newspaper for a facial and couldn't pass up the chance to use it. She'll buy anything as long as it's marked down. She got two positive moodlets from her visit, one for using a coupon and one for just visiting the spa. I *heart* spa coupons!
Hey, it looks like Lyla is meeting my real life co-worker (at least her sim self version). We'll call her Lisa, because that's what people who mess up her name call her :)

Lisa: "I don't even know how people come up with Lisa either. It's not like those four letters are in the same sequence anywhere in my first or last name."
"Tell me about it! People take my last name and add a letter to come up with my 'first' name. It never ceases to amaze me. If I was a boy though they'd have to know better. One would think anyways..."

Lyla wanted to get to know the boys she went to high school with better so as she chatted with Lisa she decided to call up Ruben and invite him out. The three hung out and chatted for several hours. Lyla was able to learn Ruben is frugal, a coward, has a good sense of humor, but ultimately is a loser. He's actually not that bad of a match for Lyla but that loser trait kills me. It has been really hard to get Eddie promoted so he could meet his lifetime want. I'm not sure if I want to deal with that again so soon.
After Lisa left to go home, Lyla excused herself and called Darin up to invite him out. One of the first questions she asked him was if he was single. Luckily, he is! Darin is handy, lucky, brave and clumsy. I'm sorry, but how can someone be handy and clumsy? I know handy is when a sim can fix things easily but wouldn't a clumsy sim screw that up somehow? I do like Darin's traits much better then Ruben's though. He'll go on the possible spouse list.
One day after school, Trevor had an opportunity to complete. I can't remember what is was but it was rather easy. All he had to do was go to this place (can't remember what the place is though) and his grades would increase the next day at school. Pretty easy, if you ask me!
I decided it was time for Lyla to make her move on Darin. She eagerly obliged.
A few flirts, compliments and massages later they shared their first kiss! I like Darin, but am not ready to make any rash decisions just yet. I wonder what other sims are out there for her, don't you?
"Whatcha doing?"
Eddie: "Watching the cooking channel."
"Learning anything?"
Eddie: "Yeah, I just learned a new recipe."
"Cool! Try not to burn it when you make it."
Eddie: "I'm not the one who starts fires. That would be my wife and daughter."
"Well said."

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about these plants. The one on the right, a tomato plant, isn't looking so good. Hopefully, a little water and weed pulling will help.
Impressive! That didn't take long at all. If I had a tomato plant looking as bad as the one in the previous picture I doubt there'd be any hope to save it, but then again this is the sims, the world of make believe!
"What's wrong, Constance? You've already acheived your lifetime want of earning $4,000 simoleans in royalty checks. Congratulations, by the way! Isn't that what you wanted?"
Constance: "Yes, but I'm writing another book, for fun, and I just can't get past this one part. It's so frustrating!"
"Oh, I understand. I'm sorry to hear that. Hey, where did that beautiful painting on the wall come from?"
Constance: "Hmph! Eddie got it from work."
"Hmm, seeing how he's a criminal he probably stole it from someone."
Constance: "My thoughts exactly!"
As an artist himself, Trevor enjoys the art museum. He can spend a whole evening there just looking at the diffenent pieces of work. Of course, certain pieces encourage him to spark up a conversation with someone near by. No potential spouses though.
Eddie came home with more stuff from work tonight. These statues are huge and very expensive! Perhaps, he's finally being rewarded for all those arrests he took for the 'team'. Is this his hard work finally paying off? Thief!
This is such a typical afternoon at the Roland's house. Eddie and Constance ignoring each other the best they can and their son trying to find someone to hang out with outside their home. What a lovely family they have!
Wow! That tomato plant really came back to life. All the plants are looking great. Lyla even decided to plant a couple more. She's only been gardening a few days and is already at a level 5 or 6 for gardening. That seems awful fast to me and she doesn't have the learning faster reward either.
It looks like Trevor may have finally found a potential spouse. Lets keep that our little secret for now though. We don't want to freak him out just yet. Kayla is childish, friendly, a couch potato and a heavy sleeper. Not too bad at all.
Those are some pretty bushy eyebrows though. Ah, who am I kidding!?! Trevor's are just as bad.
Whoa! What the heck is going on here? Lyla seriously just attacked this guy for no reason at all. He was standing outside her work place when she got off and a few minutes later she started fighting with him. Maybe he boo-ed her during her performace. I can't imagine any other reason for jumping some random stranger.
Whatever the reason, she definitely taught him a lesson! Nobody, not even a man, can mess with Lyla Roland, daughter of Eddie Roland. This guy totally should have known better!
Lyla had invited her high school boyfriend to meet her after work. For some reason the guy's butt she just kicked decided to hang around for awhile to read a book. Dude, it's dark. Can you really see? As you might remember Ruben is a snob, probably because he's rich. I gave Lyla the observant reward so upon meeting him again she learned he's also a heavy sleeper, clumsy and hydrophobic. His traits could definitely be worse so I guess he's a potential candidate for a spouse. Meanwhile, Trevor was hanging out with another potential spouse of his own. He met Jackie when she was a kid and he was a teen at the art museum. Jackie has a great set of traits if you ask me. At least good one's for this legacy. So far Trevor knows she's grumpy, a light sleeper and never nude. I haven't had any sims with these traits so far but I'd imagine the grumpy trait would be a great match for the Roland family and I'd love to see how sims who are never nude act.

This is where I'll end this chapter. Eddie and Constance are days from getting a visit from grimmy. Will they be able to reconcile before then or is Eddie right about it being too late?

It's time to vote on the heir! You can either respond to this blog with who you'd like to see continue this legacy or vote at boolprop. I have a pretty good idea who's going to win this but who knows, you may all surprise me :) Also, if you have a preference for the heirs spouse let me know that too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive