Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chapter 1

What was I thinking? This legacy is going to make me crazy!?! I decided to create a founder who has terrible traits for starting a legacy with...at least in my opinion. I wonder if I'll even get past generation one with the traits he has. Wish me luck please!
Lets meet Eddie Roland. He's the most pleasant, likeable sim in Riverview. Yeah, right! Are you ready to hear what his traits are? I made sure to read the descriptions for each before deciding what final five to use. His traits are: commitment issues, loser, inappropriate, dislikes children and mean spirited. The ladies in Riverview are just going to love him! His likes are pancakes, indie music and the color turquoise.

"Eddie, the first order of business is to get you a job."
Eddie: "Where is that voice coming from?"
"I'm the voice in your head."
Eddie: "Well, get out of it!"
"Sorry, dude. You're stuck with me just like I'm stuck with you."
Eddie: "Listen, you stalker. I don't know how you're making it sound like your a voice in my head but one of my traits is not insane! I know this is just some sort of trick. I do have serious commitment issues though and can guarantee you and I would never last!"
"Whoa, get over yourself. I guess in time you'll get used to me. Now, go get a job!"
Eddie: "Seriously, I'm not somebody you want to piss off. Leave me alonoe!"
"You'll soon learn it's the other way around, but for now I'll give you some space."


I sent Eddie over to the criminal building so he could sign up for a job. His lifetime want is to become the Ruler of Evil. It's too bad he has to start off as a decoy. Hopefully, he won't get caught and end up in jail. I hear sims can really go to jail now. They stay there for like 8 hours or so. I guess that would be cool to see.

Right after getting his job, Eddie called his boss. I was rather surprised by this. I wouldn't picture him as a people person. Maybe, since he knows he's a totally loser, he's hoping by getting in good with the boss he might save his job in the future.

I decided to leave Eddie alone downtown for awhile to see how he'd react to others. Of course, he had to behave like a jerk. He used a rude introduction, and loved it by the way, as his first interaction with this guy.

Eddie: "Hey, you're in my way."
Random Guy: "What?"
Eddie: "Get off the sidewalk. I was on it first."
Random Guy: "Where do you get off, buddy?"
"Um, Eddie...that guy's bigger then you. Maybe you shouldn't mess with him."
Eddie: "You, again? I thought you were going to leave me alone."
"Not when you're being so stupid!"
Random Guy: "Are you insane? Who are you talking to?"
"Tell him you're crazy. He probably won't kick your butt then."
Eddie: "I'M NOT CRAZY!!!"

Fortunately, the random guy just shook his head and walked off. I decided it would be better if I picked his interactions with strangers after that. I don't need any fighting!


Since, I imagine finding a woman who'll actually like Eddie is going to be rather difficult I got right to work trying to find him a partner or at least a female roommate that really likes him and will have his baby. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of single females in Riverview. This woman is single and despite being unflirty is a hopeless romantic. I'll keep her on the list.


Eddie was getting rather hungry so I sent him to the diner to grab some food. After he was finished he ran into this lady.

Eddie: "Augh! Why would someone bring kids to a restaurant!?!"
Random Lady: "Did they do something to you?"
Eddie: "Yeah, they were born!"
Random Lady: "How rude, that was completely uncalled for."
Eddie: "Are they your kids?"
Random Lady: "That's none of your business."
Eddie: "Well, are you single?"

The woman refused to answer him and walked away. I couldn't help but select the interaction he had to complain about kids. This lady didn't like it, especially since in turns out she's family oriented. Pst! These two could never be.


In keeping with the spirit of a traditional legacy, I moved Eddie onto the largest lot in the neighborhood, a 59 x 59 lot. That left about $1,500 for a house and furniture/objects. Ha! A house...that's gonna take awhile. For now, I just got him a descent bed. He can use the downtown accomodations for his other needs.


The local gym is going to be his new favorite place since it has a shower.

"Usually, people don't take showers before they work out."
Eddie: "Augh! Get out of my head! I told you I'm not insane."
"What's the point of showering when you're just going to get dirty all over again?"
...
"Ah, I see. Are you hoping if you shut me out I'll just go away? Well, sorry, but that's not how it works. I told you, we're stuck with each other."
...
"Fine. I guess we'll talk later then."


Eddie's thoughts as he works out: "Could I actually be insane? Nah! Then what does this woman want? I hope she doesn't think I'm trying to buff up for her. I doubt she's hot enough for me."
"Dude, I'm too hot for you. Get over yourself!"
Eddie: "You can hear my thoughts?"
"I am a sim goddess. I can do as I please."
Eddie: "Goddess?"
"Yeah, I control this whole neighborhood. Even when you become a Ruler of Evil I'll still be able to control you. Mwhahaha!!!"
Eddie: "Yeah, we'll see able that."
"Yes, we will."


I decided not to push my luck too much and left Eddie alone for awhile after that. He was getting hungry so he found a park with a grill. He was able to cook himself some hotdogs. Too bad he doesn't even have one cooking skill point. He totally burned those dogs. At least in TS3 he only needs to eat one of those nasty things to fulfill his hunger, unlike TS2 where he'd need like three or four of them.


He got smart the next day though. Instead of burning his meal he grabbed a plate from a couple who were having a picnic. He didn't know this couple, nor did he ask if he could have a plate. How rude! If I was the couple I would have thrown a plate at his face. After grabbing a plate, Eddie even sat down next to the lady to eat. If you ask me, he seriously crossed the line then. Maybe, the guy she was with wasn't really interested since she's possible a gold digger.

Much to my surprise and utter lack of help, Eddie's found a romantic interest at the gym.

Eddie: "Baby, Are you tired cause you have been running through my mind ALL day!"
Roxie: *giggled* "You're funny!"
Eddie: "You're hot. Can we hang out sometime?"
Roxie: "Sure, give me a call. Here's my number."

The next day Eddie called Roxie and asked her to meet him at the park. She showed up but after 20 minutes she took off running. I wonder what he said because every time he invited her over or out somewhere after that she always said she was busy. Another love that couldn't be. If you ask me, she's smart! She must have caught wind of his traits and decided to use her better judgment.



"How do you expect to get a girl when you have such a lousy personality? You better start acting nicer if you ever want to get your first woohoo under your belt."
Eddie: "Shut up!"
"You don't have to be nice forever, just in the beginning so you can suck them in."
Eddie: "Hmm...I hate to say it, but you might be right."
"Trust me, I am."


Eddie: "Hi, Constance. Thanks for coming over."
Constance: "Sure. Would you mind if I ask you a few questions for my work?"
Eddie: "Um...I guess so."
Constance: "You're new to the neighborhood, right?"
Eddie: "Yes, I moved in less then a week ago."
Constance: "Have you noticed any strange behavior in the area?"
Eddie: "Only that there's lots of kids around. I hate kids!"
Constance: "That's a strong word."
Eddie: "Oops. I didn't mean it like that. Kids are okay, as long as they aren't mine."
Constance: "I see."


Constance continued to interview Eddie for awhile and Eddie remained as nice and polite as he possibly could. I don't even want to tell you what he was thinking during that time. All his hard work paid off though when he scored his first kiss.


After a full week, Eddie earned enough money to buy a fridge and a shower. For a dude with no money, whose personality totally sucks, he hasn't complained at all about his surroundings. That's probably because he's never home though since there's not much to do on his lot yet.


A couple days later, Eddie bumped into Constance just outside the diner. She's actually a romantic interest of his now and he was rather descent to her. Of course, he made a couple inappropriate comments to her which she didn't like much but he usually apologized afterwards (only because I made him though).


I must have gotten lazy here and stopped taking a bunch of pictures. These two saw each other every day for like five sim days and I made them do romantic interactions over and over again. I was hoping to see the option to move in pop up so I wouldn't have to make Eddie get married but I never saw it. I did see an option to go steady and then an option to get engaged and then married so I went with it. To my surprise, Eddie had a happy moodlet when he got engaged. I found that odd since he has commitment issues.

I wasted no time in getting these two love birds married since lets face it, Eddie needed some cash to build a house. Constance only brought $6,000 with her but the happy couple did receive an additional $3,000 in gifts and tax breaks. A tax break? That's brilliant!

Oh, look! The new funds from the marriage helped build a house. It looks nice on the outside, right? Well, don't bother looking inside. You'll be rather disappointed. I had enough money to put walls up for a master bedroom and bath and a 1/2 bath for visitors. That's it. There's no flooring or wallpaper and the windows you see are the only one's added on the house so far. At least there's a foundation though.

Constance is seriously strange. I keep catching her making the oddest faces. I don't know if this is associated with a particular trait or what but she's a bit weird!

Constance: "Hey, I heard that!"
"Really?"
Constance: "Do you think I'm stupid? I know what this is. It's a legacy. I've read all about them on the internet. Why do you think I agreed to marry that jerk, Eddie?"
"What, hold on. So, you know all about what's going on here?"
Constance: "Of course. I do plenty of reading."
"Alright, but as the spouse of a founder you know you're life will be rather tough."
Constance: "It's not like I can be the wife of the first generation so it's now or never, I guess."
"But why?"
Constance: "I want to be remembered for something."
"Oh, that makes sense. Can we make a pact? I'll promise never to say anything mean about you again and you can help me manage Eddie?
Constance: "Deal."

Aw, don't they look cute. Eddie even seems happy. I really like his freckles!

Since Constance is a bit neurotic checking the sink to make sure nothing's wrong with it makes her feel a little bit better. I don't know what she's checking it for though, maybe a possible leak.

Constance moved in around the start of week two which gave Eddie plenty of time to focus on his career beforehand. He's now at level four of the criminal career. I hope he can achieve his lifetime want before he becomes an elder.

I swear I can't leave Eddie unattended. He'll piss off the whole neighborhood otherwise and destroy the Roland name. Nobody good will ever want to marry into the family. In this picture, he criticizing this woman's family. To top it off, he doesn't even know them.

Constance: "Um, Eddie, I need to tell you something."
Eddie: "Yeah, what is it?"
Constance: "I know you don't like kids but I'm fairly sure I'm pregnant.

Eddie: "What? I thought we were being careful. I don't want to have a child!"
Constance: "I'll take care of it, I promise. You won't have to do anything."
Eddie: "Augh! This is just great. The last thing I need is a crying baby in the house. Who's going to take care of it when you're at work?"
Constance: "We'll hire a baby sitter."
Eddie: "Ha! We don't have enough money to do that."
Constance: "I can quit my job."
Eddie: "Great idea. We'll really have no money then."

A couple days later after Eddie had calmed down a bit, Constance asked him to rub her belly. I expected him to refuse and shake his head or something rude like that but he lovingly rubbed her belly as she smile down at him. Eddie is seriously no where near as difficult as I expected him to be. I'm kind of disappointed.

Constance rolled the want to have a baby girl so I sent her to the grocery store to get three watermelons. I don't know about you but I've never seen such a small watermelon nor have I ever ate it like that. Eaxis must have been having an off day when they came up with this. Why couldn't it just be a slice of watermelon and not the whole thing?

I will never get tired of the guy's faces when female sims are about to give birth. Eddie looks completely freaked out and confused.

Eddie: "What do I do?"
"Take her to the hospital. The doctors can help her."
Constance: "Hospital. Now!"
Eddie: "Right. Okay, where's my phone?"
"You're pocket...where it always is."
Eddie: "Oh yeah."

Some how Eddie managed to pull it together long enough to call a taxi to take them to the hospital. When they arrived, all the sims outside the hospital started freaking out just like Eddie. I was too slow to get a picture of it though. Sorry!

A few hours later Constance gave birth to a baby girl. Constance decided to name her Lyla. The game assigned Lyla the Virtuoso trait and I randomized her second trait and she got the Slob trait.

This is where I'll end it for now. How will Eddie be as a father? Will Constance and him stay married or will Eddie's commitment issues get in the way? Tune in next time to find out. Until then, happy simming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive