Saturday, May 30, 2009

SHANGRI-LA IN SECOND LIFE?

I arrived on a sun-drenched beach to start my journey through Reflections Plaza, a residential paradise. As I looked round there were people chatting, sunning themselves by a tiny inland lake fed by a sparkling waterfall.
Nearby was an open-air dance floor with tables and parasols and a Seven Seas fishing post, for the sporting types in Second Life. I noticed a fishing buoy nearby that controls the fish population, but thought I’d go for a dive in my SCUBA gear to have a look, anyway.
Beautiful! I recommend it. I was all alone just listening to the sound of my breathing apparatus as I swam around. I found a little channel out to the ocean but decided to stay near the shore for safety’s sake. I could feel the heat through the water and decided to take in some sun and stripped off to my swimming shorts and lay on an inflatable raft.I nearly fell asleep, it was so calm. But I could hear the sound of voices in the distance and decided to go for a walk. A nearby Gazebo housed information panels about Dove Estates and, being nosey, I went to have a look round. Palm trees stretched alongside a decking path between the houses gave shade as I walked along. The path led me between the houses which are for rent. I popped into one to have a look.
The one I sneaked into was really well designed. Each 2-storey house has its own parcel with a radio, blinds, working fireplaces, fans, security and code locking doors all controlled by a central system. There are enough prims available to make a very snug beach home.
Upstairs is an open-plan bedroom that leads out onto a spacious balcony, the lounge goes right to the roof and is heated by a remotely controlled fire, using the central management system and the adjacent room leading out to a large veranda had controllable down lighters. The veranda was large enough to take tables and chairs to enable you to enjoy a barbecue as the sun went down. Five of these houses overlooked the beach.
I walked back towards the dance floor and found a beautiful little lake fed by a waterfall, with two fountains. I clambered up the rocks to see what was on the other side. There were more houses in a grassy area, looking completely different to the beach front but just as beautiful. I flew up about them to have a better look and saw just how well these dozens of house had been planned to form a lovely living area for people. Surrounded by the sea but set on two very different landscapes separated by a thin hilly ridge.
These other houses were of a slightly different design to the beach ones, but very well laid out with two rooms upstairs. They had the same central control system as the ones by the beach. The interior design was of wood panelling and stone features and an inglenook fireplace in the same stone. Very attractive it was, too. The stone patio at the back led to a spacious garden.
While I took in the view, I noticed an area hidden away in the corner. Wondering what it was, I went over to take a closer look. Covered by a canopy of shining white parasols was a wedding area.
Cleverly split into two sections, one for the ceremony and one for the celebrations that would follow was a complete wedding “temple”. There was space for the wedding with an rostrum for the minister and plush seating for the guests and witnesses to what can be the most important day in a couple’s lives.
A short walk will bring the to the reception area complete with a table for the cake and champagne and dining tables with a dance floor to one side. Superb.
I found an information panel about the services that were available at Sunset Weddings at Reflections Plaza 42, 15. Planning a wedding? Well that’s the place to go, I can assure you.
As I made my way home, I thought to myself that here was an excellent place to live in Second Life. Beautiful surroundings, houses of the highest standard and the sparkling seas, what more could you want? Especially if you have just got married!
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Reflections%20Plaza/87/98/27
Kim Trefusis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive