Thursday, May 21, 2009

Memorial to a Friend

The other day, a friend of mine told me the following:

“Yesterday evening, when I got home from work, I found out that a friend on here finally lost her battle with cancer. Julie Apocalypse, who was the Queen of Bohemia in Tiny Empires until her battle depleted her enough that she had someone else take her place.”

He went on to say he had built a memorial to his friend, at Bohemia Castle. I ported there, and found a small crowd around the structure, her portrait on a shrine with candles with flowers and butterflies all around, in the middle of a grove of white blossom trees.

The following day, I thought of the place and decided to port there again. Once there, I found the builder, sitting alone among the marble seats in front of the memorial, thinking of his friend whom now had departed. He looked my way, spoke a few words, then apologized for not having much to say.

Some might say he already has spoken plenty.

The memorial to Julie Apocalypse is at Insula Inferi Hills (143, 218, 22), at Bohemia-by-the-sea

Bixyl Shuftan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive