Saturday, May 30, 2009

Disappearing Lifesaver

It seems that there is a move by the lindens to do away with camping in sl.
Perhaps not deliberately but as an offshoot of the traffic issue and bots.
Now, you know I love freebies and you have to figure that I love camping.
I started camping as a newbie 2 years ago. I thought it was great to be getting some lindens for sitting, or even better for dancing.
There was one place I loved. It was in a New York sim with a camp master where you could just sit at a lovely pond quietly in the midnight mode and earn lindens for that enjoyment and sleep at the same time..
To my favorite I make a daily visit, of course, I will not mention the name but I feel as if I have a job there. The owner is so pleasant and caring to inform us of changes occurring.
It is not like that everywhere. Some owners just use the avatars for gain and pay very little for our presence. I have found one that charges to join the group.
They do not know us and we do not know them.
I have lived with both. Actually I do not need to camp. I am addicted to the idea so I still do it. I have that feeling that it is great to get lindens for so little, But I use the money I earn for good. Much of it is for someone else who needs it. Some goes to help newbies, some to charities, some for shopping, ( but not that much since I love those freebies too) and a lot for tips.
I am not clear on what the problem is with traffic being “bloated”.
It puts some sims in the top of search and I guess there must be money involved somehow.
I wonder what the newbies will do for money.
Of course I have met those owners who have no love for the camps. It just causes trouble they say.
I know I will miss it if it disappears but I will be fine.
Some of my friends will not and that is a worry.
One newbie told me of two really good camps that have gone down in the past week. They are scrambling to find new ones. Well, we can only hope.
Gemma Cleanslate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive