Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Yes, there is life underwater in SL ...




Exploring SL really brings new surprises each day. You never know what you will find. In one of my runs after a good story, after a good place to talk about, I heard of people enjoying an "underwater way of life." It sounded to me to be an interesting subject so here we go Ross!
Gathering information about it, I heard of a club called "Underwater Love". People seemed to be very excited about it, so I decided to take a look. Upon arriving, I found myself above a building in the sea (or something like that; I can't exactly say what it was). People were diving into the water around me. I'm not a very good swimmer, so I was a bit aprehensive: I wished I had scuba gear at hand, but it was too late for that. So, I just held my breath and jumped in along with everyone else.
I samk to the front of the club, still holding my breath until some guy told me, "Hey buddy, that's not necessary" You're safe here!" A bit suspicious, I slowly released my breath and discovered he was right...in SL you CAN breathe under water.
I entered the club to the most fantastic scene I've seen in awhile...people dancing, great rock and a live DJ playing, and an outrageous octopus floating in the air in the middle of the club. Zach, the host, welcomed me, "Hey Ross, welcome to Underwater Love, the Wettest and Wildest club in all of SL." A more acurate statement he couldn't have made.
The club was packed with people. I wondered how someone came up with the idea, but it seemed to be popular with the customers. I asked the owner, Trust Kovacs, and he explained it to me.
"People are tired of the everyday common clubs in SL..." he said, "... so we tried to provide them with something new. Liz, my partner business, came up with the idea from listening to "Underwater Love", by Smoke City Band.
I have to confess, it turned out to be a very good idea. The club is different from most other clubs I've seen in SL, and this opinion is shared among all the people that were there. Besides a great ambiance and great music, there is one person who takes the spotlight: DJ Jade Atlantis. She is a talented individual; combining a wonderful array of mixes and interaction with the guests. Undoubtedly she is the main attraction tho there are other things to draw customers as well. Underwater Love features contests that offer prizes of up to $2000 Linden and are great fun to participate in as well. Tomorrow they will have live music featuring Toed Up, a British band, starting at 2pm.
So come check it out and enjoy the fun if you don't mind getting wet. As Zach says, "GetWet, or goooo home!". This turned out to be one of my most enjoyable assignments so far.

By Ross Larsson
Edited by Angel Damask

Underwater Love staff : These guys are waiting for you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive