Friday, April 27, 2007

Merovingi Clothing fair, part 2






HELL!.....












Yes you read right I am in hell, literally.







I walked through the gates of heaven leaving the clouds and angels behind to see the gates of hell looming towards me.







Above, the flames rose and something peered through them;



I couldn't wait to see the rest of this sim the art work the statues the whole ambiance has to be experience to be fully appreciated



I did wonder about the theme, heaven and hell?



But when you walk around there are info boards that tell you all about RFL and cancer and what RFL is doing to help.






Designers over this side include Moonshine threads, Bewitched and DKs, keeping in the theme of HELL.






Its amazing as you walk around to see how much effort the designers have put into their stalls they are totally in keeping with the theme;


As one designer, Keishii Roo: said of the fair "Its amazing ppl gets together in events like this to support something like the Relay for Life, it shows that no matter where you are from or what your way of thinking or religion we can get together to make something good for others :)"



I also had a chat with Shelly Toonie from Moonshine threads to find out how she got involved:

You:how have you found the facilities?

Shelly Toonie: Every thing's been handled fantastic. Hannah, Pips and Nevah are great to work with

You: what do you think of what they are attempting here?

Shelly Toonie: Pips did a wonderful job with the RFL as well

Shelly Toonie: Well this is my first experience with anything like this..I think coordinating it is a huge undertaking and with all the grid problems it seems to have come off very well.

You: yes i agree it has :)

You: a wonderful collection of designers all in one place

Shelly Toonie: Yeah..fantastic..I'm always awed by the talent and creativity myself

Shelly Toonie: I think it was a blast to see what everyone did with their booths as well[14:23] You: are you personally involved with RFL or is this the first you heard of it?

Shelly Toonie: I'm very involved with RFL in SL and in my 1st life. I'm the team leader for my 1st life team for the last 3 years and spent last weekend on a big fundraiser here in NC

You: is there anything you would like to relay to our readers about RFL?

Shelly Toonie: If you have never been to a RFL weekend you are missing an incredible experience. Picture a grateful dead concert with no drugs or alcohol lol

You: how do people find out about them?

Shelly Toonie: It's just happy people sharing and giving ..you are laughing one minute and crying the next.

Shelly Toonie: Well in my hometown it's a very large event. But I suppose everywhere it's different. I'm involved because my mother had breast cancer.

Shelly Toonie: Anyone who wants information can easily find links for their area at the ACS websites




As a last word today i would like to repeat to you all something i overheard here at the fair:

you know when people who don't play SL say it's silly: and for sad losers?:

yes:

I look at something like this and I think the losers are the people who never see this



Goodnight all, see you at the fair over the weekend - don't forget to vote for your favourite designer, lots more going on here over the next few days

DanaXxX


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive