Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Second Life Charities or Foundations

HRH Princess ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua



Bryan Dix: I met HRH at a presentation done by Spider Mycron. She engaged me in conversation:

IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: it could be too much if I ask you how do you do your job in SL, Sir? I imagine that might be a bit difficult. Am I wrong, Sir?
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: and do you have a certain amount of stories that you need to write, Sir?
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: lol, well, I run away from papparazzis, :-)
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: and what are your favourite stories, Sir? Sports, lifestyle, economics, society, etc?
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: it is very interesting to know more about you
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: of course, please add me to your friends list, Sir, it will be an honour
You have offered friendship to ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: I love SL because everyday you meet an interesting person. And today I think this person was you, Sir

Bryan Dix: Being curious about her title I did some research:

Bryan Dix: Where is Yaximixche?
Bryan Dix: The only reference I could find was South American in the BC age.
Bryan Dix: And it wasn't spelled that way!
(No such geographical place)(No response from HRH)
ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: My name Manqo Qhapaq Inca comes from the Inca culture
ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: HRH from the European culture.
ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: in all these three places I have roots.




I did exhaustive searches in the world news, registries, geographical etc. and nothing turned up on this personage)


Activities for a Royal Personage?:

IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: I am located in the UK, Sir
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: firs of all, let me give you an overview of my activities before answering this question.
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: as you will see I was born 17th of February 2007. And since that HRH Princess Manqo Fundation was created to raise awareness of the importance of tacking Climate Change and the Amazon Rainforest Protection. I do provide information in SL to any person who request it
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: for this reason you will see me with a tag that says:
IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: title HRH The Princess of Yaximixche helps you in tackling Climate Change with a kind support of CarbonSMS.com, please touch my white handbag, watch a very short video and let´s talk
(It was suggested by a web guru she was earning money by click throughs to view the videos)

IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: title HRH The Princess of Yaximixche will dance with you tonight to help in fighting Climate Change with support of CarbonSMS.com, please donate L$10 per song

IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: usually I dance one song and in my conversation I talk about Climate Change. This money will be used to fund other promotional activities and raise awareness of Climate Change in SL. I cannot provide money from RL to SL as there are many uncertainties in the systems. I am trying to find respons and see more security in the way SL works as well in order to invest any RL. And additionally, as I am really new to SL, I am learning on how to use it first before I make any investment.

IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: The donations I receive from dancing or from private donours in SL is keep in the accounting system that SL provides and I can control that it is not confused with my own money. I do earn money by camping on chairs in one or two fixed places in SL and can identify this money which is used for covering my SL expenses.

IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: As you seen, I havent created a charity because I havent needed to spend the money yet. The next step is to buy an island with this money and provide space to organizations or products that doesnt have presence in SL either without involving any cost or a minimum fees to maintain the cost. At the moment this has been studied and not decided yet.

Bryan Dix: As yet no international Charity Code (id on guidestar, non profit ID) found, nor any mention of her charity in any news searches whatsoever.

IM: ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: and I havent seen in any place that a charitable ID number is needed to raise funds for charity. As I say I can publish the money collected for dancing (which in reality is like a work)

Bryan Dix: She also readily accepts cash donations from members fro 1 L$ to 10K L$...

ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: the title that receives depends on the donation the person provides, or the interests in my activities. You will see people who receives a title HONOURABLE, or SILVER BENEFACTOR, the last one if they have donated from 1 to 10K L$
ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: usually their donations are in exchange for conversation including Climate Change and they are not obliged to donate. They do it freely.

Bryan Dix: HRH Princess Manqo Fundation
Blomgaard Larsson: oooh yes i have just talk with her and so on i didnt know i was a silver member
Bryan Dix: Have you donated to her cause?
Blomgaard Larsson: yes i have
Bryan Dix: May I ask how much?..if not too personal
Blomgaard Larsson: sorry i cant remember how much




ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: it is really a shame that for doing a good cause you try to treat me in this way. I am certainly not doing a fraud or a scam. Unfortunately I cannot prove it.

ManqoQhapaqInca Qunhua: to be honest, I havent seen much activity of them. SL is too big to know everything in less than two months. For this reason I decided to create an island as I didnt see any presence of charities, and somethng needed to be done as I know they dont have the resources to be in SL. With my status I am trying to raise money and give them a place. But unfortunately I cannot provide my own resources for this, i can do provide my time instead.

Bryan Dix: Hmmm...I leave the decision in your hands. Charities in SL are usually well accredited and lead to a Real World venue in which an organizing body governs and controls donations and can supply account statements, a tax receipt or other legal justification for their existence. Just be careful who you donate your money to in SL..check em out before you drop your Lindens on them.

Bryan Dix Reporting

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive