Tuesday, March 16, 2010

RFL Clothing fair how and why, part 2 ....................


The RFL Clothing fair is a big event in any SL calender and, getting involved more and more each year, I see how much hard work and dedication go into this event.
Much is accomplished by builders, organisers, designers, models and many many more BUT none of it would be possible without the help of the people who sponsor this event and each day I would like to give each of them the opportunity to tell us why they feel the way they do about this event in particular, what motivates them and what they hope to achieve.
Breezes asked each to answer a few of those questions and the replies are varied and interesting I hope they inspire you as much as they do meDana



Constanza Amsterdam From Slapt.me sponsors of the Rio Sim:


My wishes for the Fair are to raise even more awerness then we did last year and that everyone involved has a great week.


In February 2008 i lost a very close friend to me to cancer in SL after having to fight hard against it and also in RL in my family we are fighting against this horrible disease. Then via a friend in SL (Nyte Vargas) i found out about the clothing fair and as i am also a designer i decided to join in last years event (2009).


This experience was awesome and it kinda makes you addicted to the Clothing Fair as a designer to get and stay involved as you fight together to help raise awarness for this cause all over the world.


I joined SL in nov 2006 after reading about it in a PC Magazine here in The Netherlands. Together with a close friend ( who started SL a week after me) i started a club and soon we both started designin clothing and we split ways. In 2007 i met my SL/RL Husband and we decided together to quit SL for a year and in 2008 we came back and i picked up my designin again under the name i had in 2006: Eye-Catcher. In 2009 right after the Clothing Fair my husband, me and 2 close friends started with http://slapt.me/market/index.php which is an alternative to XstreetSL and after the message from Nevar we decided to become a sim sponsor with slapt.me for the RFL Clothing Fair as this is a really good way to show how important this is to me, but also to the other owners (Lord Sullivan, Kosta Cela, Bykoff Sontze and me) of slapt.me


slapt.me is now the fastest growing independent marketplace where SL merchants and shoppers have the freedom to shop, chat on the forum, have fun and keep up to date with SL trends and info, and has an ever growing community who've discovered the delights of being slapt!


And so are both JariCat Fashions ( the new store name since 2010) and http://slapt.me involved in the RFL Clothing Fair 2010.


Constanza Amsterdam

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive