Friday, March 19, 2010

RFL Clothing fair how and why, part 4 ....................


Breezes Babii talks to Aradhana Voight sponsor of the New Delhi sim at the clothing fair:

Bree: Please tell our readers how you became involved in the sponsorship.

Aradhana: Being an participant at earlier versions of relay for life i stayed in contact with Nevar. I sympathize with his cause and offer my help when needed.
When Nevar was mentioning this years theme for the Relay for Life i was more than excited to be part of his idea this year to represent the Indian themed sim New Delhi. i was happy to hear that he wanted to include Indian fashion into Relay for Life

Bree: What are your goals for the future.

Aradhana: One of my goals off course is to participate in the next Relay for Life.
My main goal is to be the starting point for shoppers that are looking for Indian or Indian-inspired designs. I like to broaden my scope and dress avatars from head to toe. That is one of the reasons why I started my skin line, another reason is that i like the challenge to use new skills for designing items for SL.

Bree: We all strive to make this the very best Clothing Fair and want to show your designs to the fullest possible extent. Please tell us how you got started with your designs and such creative textures, and delightful stories on releases.

Aradhana: Mashooka means female lover or muse in Hindi. I choose this word to describe the feeling i wanted for my clothing. Something sensual beautiful and elegant. I started because i was looking for fashionable Indian clothing which were not available in 2006. I had a very clear idea about the look i wanted to have in SL. I made my avi’s shape and was reaching a specific style. So i decided to give myself an unique look and started to learn about designing. After my SL friends convinced me to sell these Indian clothes. Thats’s how Mashooka Designs started.
I get my inspiration for textures from what i see in RL, when i shop or watch an Indian movie. When I think of a name for a design, i imagine how and where someone would wear my design. That get the story started which i sometimes publish on my blog (www.mashookadesigns.com) or in the store.

Bree: The build of your shop and the exquistite textures that make us want to enter the realm of  your world
Is there a special wish you have for the the world of Second Life

Aradhana: I wish that SL will stay the platform for virtual worlds. I makes a great meeting point for people all over the world, and i like the idea that you can use this medium to make new friends for life.And what i find special about SL is that people also bring the SL into RL by support each other in RL too, like Nevar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive