Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tut!! Where are you?

About three months ago I took a landmark from a friend to go see the King Tut Exhibit in SL.
I did go and looked around at the lovely site with all the diggings and displays and was going to write about it but got distracted and never did do the story. Last week I received an e-mail from the Rezzable group notifying me that the whole exhibit had been moved to a whole new world. Wow! That means I have to be a whole new person in an unknown land.
OK. I decided that if I can have a second life I can have a third one too. Why not. I searched the website and found that
Heritage VE looks very interesting. It was scary to enter a third life but I did.
The first day was not very good because I spent a while trying to get in the front door but finally made it. If you go you will find a very nice home which becomes boring after a while when you keep entering there to the same help area with the tutorial you already know if you are an sl avatar.
As you look at your avatar you will say “OH MY
GOD” Help! Well, just wander off down the corridor to the welcome area to pick up some hair, clothes, skin, just do not look too closely ) You know the routine. They have really nice tutorials there to help newbies, but we can go on because we have the skills to exist from second life.
You see a revolving entryway and you enter you will very nicely teleport to the museum entrance where you can also get a nice outfit for exploring . Now, there ahead is another revolving entry !
Off you go to a new location for a quick tp to the COMPASS! !

From the compass you will take a balloon ride off to the Valley of the Kings The balloon ride is really wonderful as you begin rising above the map of Egypt headed for the Valley.
You can look over the map of the old Egypt as you go but hang on.
My first attempt was met with several crashes and I had to begin the process again from the home base. After some help from Heritage I downloaded a more recent viewer and finally made it to the Valley of the Kings to enjoy the whole experience!
I will show you the site in my next story. http://heritage-key.com/virtual-experience

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive