Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why Baron Returned: Open Letter.

It has been a year since ‘Baron’ vanished from his private island. True, many people were astonished, some hurt, and others glad that it happened. Speaking for myself, I felt, at the time, it was the only way out of some rather unenjoyable situations. Things had turned sour on many aspects of ‘his life’ and no longer the fun it once was.
I have spoken privately to many people in SL about this for many months, those that know who I am in another form that is. I am aware that many felt….perhaps let down…by my vanishing, despite that I kept contact with many I had become friends with. To those, I apologise again.
To those that take the news thinking…’Oh God…he’s back!!’….don’t. I made some mistakes, for which I and others have paid a heavy price… I have no intentions of doing so again.
I have returned for a few reasons, apart from having paid for ‘Baron’ this past year.

1. I missed writing for the SL Newspaper, it was a huge part of my life, one I hope to restart.
2. Time moves on, and hopefully avi’s can do the same.
3. Lessons learned at great cost are not forgotten easily… nor should they.
4. I feel that after a year, it is time for ‘Baron’ to return to SL and once again take his place in the massive world that is Second Life.

If some people regard my return with trepidation… don’t. Should I have the privilege to write for the SL Newspaper again, it shall be on a general basis, hopefully art related and ‘special’ reports. I have no intention of going back to any prison, regardless of the chances it may give for RP or a ‘Story’.
The Sink Freak is dead and gone, though I admit it was fun at the time.

I only wish to let Baron return. If you do not like the idea, then that is fine… you can ignore me or whatever.. I have no problems with that. Baron is back, a changed man, so please let him have a contented existence.

Thank you.
Baron DeSantis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive