Monday, July 20, 2009

Great Music - Tarkan - Come Closer

Tarkan Tarkan Tarkan
OK, I have to say this right away, Tarkan could be the sexiest man alive. I accidentally ran across a video - singing in his native Turkish -and I was mesmerized. His beauty, his dance, and his easy sexuality, it all just made me melt. But I also liked the music - the Middle Eastern flavor appealed to me. I did my research, and discovered he had an English language CD out there, couldn't find it at first, but then bought it at Amazon.



The CD, Come Closer, was mainly a pop/dance selection, but with some great stuff on it. It permanently lives on my hard drive and my iPod. All 15 tracks are worth listening to, with extra-special points going to Just Like That, Start The Fire, Bounce, Shikidim and If Only You Knew.

Tarkan Tarkan Tarkan

I don't know if this was ever released in the US, since the copy I purchased had an Import sticker on it, but have to believe if it ever crossed my path, I would remember. I have read that he is the number one singer in Turkey [although it might not still be the case - what do I know?] and that he has been plagued by rumors about his sexuality for most of his career - although it ultimately didn't hurt as much as one might suspect in an Islamic culture. But he says he is str8, as did his girlfriend, so I am willing to take him at his word. But it won't stop me from looking at him, that is for sure.



Tarkan Tarkan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive