Saturday, July 25, 2009

Great Music - Duffy

Duffy Duffy Duffy

I am exceedingly fond of the particular retro-feel to Welsh singer/songwriter Duffy. The single Mercy was played time and time again, yet I never soured on it, like so many other songs. She released her first CD, Rockferry, last year, and won the 2009 Grammy for Best Pop Vocal album.

Duffy Duffy Duffy

While I love Mercy, the songs Stepping Stone, Rockferry and Warwick Avenue are just amazing. Listening to Rockferry reminds me of Dusty Springfield, while looking at her kinda reminds me of Bridget Bardot. The following is a performance of Stepping Stone from The Jools Holland show.




That clip is followed by an acoustic version of Mercyher best known song. I just love her voice.



Find out more about Duffy on her website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive