Monday, June 30, 2008

SL5B double standards? What constitutes PG?

Apparently there have been instances of nipples being either removed or a request has been put in for them to be covered so when i saw this I was quite shocked!
This being, The David (Michelangelo Statue) by Timmi Allen, normally a naked statue would not shock me or for that matter anyone in SL but this I am trying to figure out - he has full genitalia minus his nipples?????
Is Timmi trying to make a point here?
How does Artfox Daviau's wooden sculpture of a lady get censored and the nipples removed yet Timmi Allens statue with everything male on show get through????
I guess he hasn't shown nipples so its ok for a PG area?
I have nothing against nakedness in Art or otherwise and Timmis' statue is a wonderful work in sculpties made with just 14 prims.
I have nothing but admiration for someone who can make a sculptie to this high standard but what about Artfox'x lady? Why did she have to be censored? She was even less lifelike being created from wood?
I wish a Linden would come forward and explain their seeming double standards here - but I very much doubt it will happen! As always feel free to make up your own minds as to the reasoning behind this because sure as he is fully endowed no logical explanation will be forthcoming from LL.
Dana


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive