Saturday, June 28, 2008

SL Connection goes without a hitch

Although only given a few minutes notice skippers from all over the grid rushed to get their boats rezzed on both sides, ready to be the first to race across the newly created sim that after days of waiting would connect the two sailing communities of USS-SL and Sailors cove.
The new sim creates one large sailing community of 125 sims, which after some time Linden Lab are planning to move to a new area of the grid to give room for expansion.

ZATZAi Asturias shouts: "I've always been fond of Sailors Cove and the rest of the USS. I remember when both the USS and Sailors Cove where in their infancy, just a couple sims, or even one sim. I would think, as I sailed or flew around the areas how great it would be if it could be connected to my own home and a few months ago part of that dream became reality when I was asked to join with the USS. now today the second part of that dream finally comes true as well. So welcome, Patrick, Fanci, and everyone else to the United Sailing Sims. I can't wait to launch my invasion force! ;-)"

Patrick Leavitt shouts: "The future for us looks bright in this ever changing environment and we will weather those storms together as a family. It is a glorious day today that Sailors Cove is now a part of the USS-SL"

The Ribbons were cut and everyone raced for their boats to pass each other in the straight, an amazing feat considering the amount of people present - it took me 3 tries to get onto the newly created sim there were so many people there!
Congratulations to all involved and i hope for great news in the near future when all the sims are moved and we can sail in peace (when i learn how to handle our ships of course).
Dana

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive