Monday, April 7, 2008

New Viewer Pixelation Quirk

The new Second Life viewer does offer some improvements.
When I first used it, I got a beautiful view of reflections in the water.
But it has a rather quirky effect on some avatars. When viewed from a distance, some avies begin to look blocky. Some just look a little pixelated, some quite heavily. As one guy put it, "makes you look like you're out of an early video game ... 8-bit SL." I was told this is how the new viewer acts with certain video cards, apparently including my own

My own avie, whether it's my usual foxboy avie or the gryphon one that I wore for these pictures, doesn't seem to be affected as much on my computer, though this doesn't seem to be the case with others on theirs. Hopefully, this pixelation effect will be corrected soon in a new update






By Bixyl Shuftan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive