Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No more teleporting in SL?

As I have been exploring the grid a lot lately, I made a discovery. And it's probably a discovery you guys and girls have made too. At least, if you have been flying over parts of the mainland lately. And especially if you come closer and closer to the Linden village.

It's the roads and railways (and even special waterways) I'm talking about. I've spent some time flying over these relatively new features of this wonderful virtual world and I must say, the Linden family has been busy lately !! More and more serious infrastructure seems to pop up on the map, sometimes goes across several regions and to be honest, I kind of like the view of it. I've even visited the SLRR (I guess Second Life Rail Roads) Spini station.

Here, I'll show you a few pictures, so you know what I mean ...




I couldn't help but wondering: what is Linden Labs planning to do? Take out teleporting out of SL? Or charge people for it? Will we have to buy cars in the future? Or bikes? Will there be a new market for hitchhiking poseballs? Or will we have to fly or buy a boat ticket in the future? And what about the railways? Will they be expensive? Will there be a train station near my home? What about carbon dioxide? What will the cars and trains and boats an planes be fuelled with? And why do these roads and railways always go diagonally through the various regions?

I asked the press office of Linden Labs about their plans with this new kind of infrastructure, but I didn't get any answers there. I guess it'll be a Mystery (with a capital M) until LL decides to release some information about this to the public at large. But clearly they are still working on it and there's a lot to be done ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive