Saturday, June 23, 2007

Transcript SL4B and images !

Philip Linden shouts: Does anyone remember how many times we used to let last names be used?



[12:18] Philip Linden shouts: Yep, the original goal was 150

[12:19] Philip Linden shouts: But even back then, we still sometimes let it go to that.



[12:20] Iridium Linden: So before Philip says a few words, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the SL4B Volunteers.

[12:20] Iridium Linden: You did an extraordinary job this year, bring Second Life's history to the fore and marking four years of adventure together.
[
[12:21] Iridium Linden: It's especially important that you are praised for your work because with so many new Residents, Second Life's history is all too often overlooked.

[12:21] Iridium Linden: You have brought our history to the front lines.

[12:21] Iridium Linden: And you did such an amazing job.

[12:24] Iridium Linden: Voice has been enabled in SL4B to represent things to come in Second Life.



[12:26] Philip Linden shouts: Well... let me just start by saying thank you...

[12:26] Philip Linden shouts: for being a part of this big dream coming alive.

[12:26] Philip Linden shouts: People often ask me these days if I felt at the start like SL would work.

[12:27] Philip Linden shouts: And what I answer is that I always knew that SL would work,
[12:27] Philip Linden shouts: But that I dodn't know exactly when.
[12:28] Philip Linden shouts: So thank you all for being the 'when'
[12:28] Philip Linden shouts: And bringing this all to life.
[12:28] Philip Linden shouts: For those who haven't heard me speak before,
[12:28] Philip Linden shouts: And I guess there are a few here!



[12:29] Iridium Linden: Coming back up.

[12:29] Philip Linden shouts: I was dreaming about SL since I was a kid.

[12:29] Philip Linden shouts: I felt sure that a whole world could be simulated on computers.
[12:30] Philip Linden shouts: making things,

[12:30] Philip Linden shouts: And dreamt of what it would be like to be floating around in there,
[12:30] Philip Linden shouts: and watching it all happen.

[12:31] Philip Linden shouts: We used to talk at work about a giant forest... full of evolving plants and things...

[12:31] Philip Linden shouts: a place you could wander around in forever,

[12:32] Philip Linden shouts: which noone had ever seen.
[12:32] Philip Linden shouts: and not see the same thing twice... and know that there were places in there you would happen upon,

[12:32] Philip Linden shouts: That was how I can remember thinking about SL at the start.

[12:33] Philip Linden shouts: It is also interesting to note,

[12:33] Philip Linden shouts: There are really a lot of ways in which it also hasn't changed.

[12:34] Philip Linden shouts: that while SL has grown so much over these last 4 years,

[12:35] Philip Linden shouts: As we grow, it is easy to worry that the magic of this place will somehow go away.

[12:35] Philip Linden shouts: But looking at the world today, it is just as magical, only bigger.

[12:37] Philip Linden shouts: Those are things that are enabled by the basic technology here.

[12:38] Philip Linden shouts: That is what makes me happiest today, and keeps me loving my job!

[12:38] Philip Linden shouts: I hope this day and event are fun... a way to see SL through time.

[12:39] Philip Linden shouts: Thanks for being here!

[12:39] Iridium Linden: Yay!!

[12:39] Philip Linden shouts: I'll hang around to chat, but let me wrap up so that we can all wander around and enjoy the day.

[12:42] Philip Linden shouts: I'm gonna logoff and get the voice viewer so I can chat a bit!! Back in a few.

[12:42] Iridium Linden: Yay!


[12:50] Iridium Linden: We will also provide a recording of the webcast.

Thanx to our wonderfull reporters we are the first to publish the transcript to you all :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive