Friday, September 18, 2009

Chapter 5.1

In the last chapter Katie was able to win a chess match against the grim reaper to keep her mom, Melanie, around for awhile longer. Daniel, Melanie's husband, has been gone for a number of years already but she should have a good few years left ahead of her. After all she does have four children and one grandchild to keep her busy.
Her oldest Heidi is always stealing candy from her grandson, Jaedon. Poor baby, he'd be scared for life if he was actually old enough to remember any of Heidi's evil doings.
Her son, Aaron, has found a nice woman he likes to spend time with. She's a bit older then him but Melanie is just glad there's a sim out there that can put up with Aaron's dare-devilish ways.
Her other son, Bobby, makes a great uncle to Jaedon. Whenever Jaedon's not quite asleep and Katie's too tired to hold him, Bobby steps in and helps out.
Oh, noes! I thought we got rid of the roaming ghost problem...guess not. Dmitri, Melanie's son-in-law and Katie's husband, is clearly sitting right next to Eddie's ghost. His ghost looks a bit different since he's in swimwear but I'm sure it's him with those ugly sunglasses. Someone suggested putting a pond up around the graveyard so I may just have to try it. So far it hasn't been a big deal since there's only been a few ghosts who have escaped the closed in fence.
Bobby is also seeing a woman who's slightly older then him. Everything for these two are going spectacularly well. They are both hopeless romantics and can't get enough of each other.
I definitely see a long and happy future for them.
Speaking of happy futures, Katie is pregnant with her second child. Dmitri couldn't be happier since he wants to raise from children from babies to teens and so far they just have Jaedon. Soon another baby will be kicking and screaming for Dmitri to take care of.
Heidi recently got engaged to her boyfriend, Jonathan, and has since moved in with him. I wanted to get her pregnant before she made the move but that wasn't possible since the current legacy house was too full with Katie's expectant baby on the way. They'll probably never get married or have any children since my game hates me :(
With his love of the outdoors and dislike for children, Aaron really should have been the heir. He fits the Roland family description so well. I'll miss seeing him or just anyone for that matter shake their booty for the sprinkler when he moves out on his own. I'll always have the memories though and nobody can take that from me.
Ooo...who's birthday is it today and where are they?
Hmph! It was Jaedon's but he never made it to the cake in time. I don't know why I ever send my sims out to buy a birthday cake because by the time they make it home and put it on the table the birthday sim has already grown up. I'm so bad at timing these things! Jaedon's a cutie though, huh?
Aaron: "Hey babe, want to see some crazy!?!"
Alaine: "Um, okay. I guess if I could watch you eat dirt without throwing up I can handle anything."
Aaron: "Promise? I really don't want you fainting or anything like that."
Alaine: "I'll do my best."
Aaron: "Okay, here it goes...will you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?"
Alaine: "Oh my gosh, yes, of course I'll marry you! I can't imagine my life without you. I never have to worry about having a dull moment while your around. You keep my life so interesting!"
Aaron: "Phew! I'm so glad you said yes. Of all the crazy things I've done, this was definitely the most scary."
Later that afternoon, Katie went into labor. She rushed to the hospital and safely delivered another baby boy. Ethan is excitable and a light sleeper.
After hearing Alaine said yes to his brother, Bobby knew it was time for him to propose to Johanna. He had been a little nervous at first but deep down he always knew Johanna would say yes. Still, hearing her say it felt much better then him hearing it in his head.
Sadly, Melanie would never get to see her sons get married to the women of their dreams. Grimmy decided it was time for her to join Daniel in the after life. Her children didn't want to say good bye yet.
And neither did Melanie for that matter. I never paid much attention to how the sim reacted to grimmy coming for them but both Daniel and Melanie begged for their lives at the end. Doesn't it just break your heart? Melanie was in her early to mid 90's when she died. I thought she would have lived longer since she accomplished the marathon runner skill challenge but I guess not. Maybe her close encounter with death a short while ago played a part in that though.
Get ready to see a lot of pictures with Dmitri in his undies. I don't know why but I swear he never changes into anything else. As long as he's a loving and doting father I don't really care though. I should have him spend a little time working on his muscles though so we could have some real eye candy. He's already easy on the eyes but some muscles never hurt anyone.
Yep, he's a natural genius and virtuoso people. I wonder if Mozart chewed on his xylophone toys like Jaedon's doing here.
Little Ethan's starting to catch up with his big brother. He's so excited that he can chew on toys like Jaedon now. I'm sure it was only a matter of moments before he started gnawing on this one.
LMAO!!! Look at Bobby's work outfit. I put him in the science field and this is how he came home after a couple promotions. I'm not sure exactly which level he's at but where's the flood, dude? Those pants really need to be a bit longer!
There's a crowd gathering at the legacy lot, that must mean there's a party of some kind. And nope, it's not a birthday party either. I wouldn't make them dress in formal wear for that. Dmitri may not be dressed appropriately but at least he's not in his undies either.
Bobby: "Jeffry, will you be my best man?"
Jeffry: "Er...what about your brother? Shouldn't he be your best man?"
Bobby: "He's got plans of his own tonight...what do you say?"
Jeffry: "Sure, I mean yes. I would be honored. I really hope your brother doesn't try to kick my butt for this."
Bobby: "Trust me, he's fine with it."
As Bobby and Johanna exchanged their wedding vows their friends and family cheered them on. Tammi, Daniel's aunt is off on the right. It looks like she's doing just fine for herself.
Meanwhile, Aaron and Alaine enjoyed a nice quiet ceremony in the backyard over looking the family's garden. Aaron hadn't necessarily always dreamed of this moment but whenever he thought about getting married it was always outdoors. The happy couple agreed a private ceremony was what they wanted. Aaron enjoyed the spotlight but this moment he wanted to keep between him and his bride.
After the weddings were over, both couples moved out on their own. A short while later Katie learned she was pregnant again. She knew the difference between the stomach flu and morning sickness and this was definitely morning sickness.
Luckily, Jaedon's getting a little older so he might be able to help his parents out a bit with the new baby coming. Boy, is he going to be a force to reckon with when he's older, he added ambitious to his list of traits. Mozart eat your heart out!
Dmitri: "How's your shoulders doing? Am I pressing in the right spot?"
Katie: "That feels so good. Don't stop rubbing there."
Dmitri: "Oh Katie, I can't wait to welcome our new baby into this world."
Katie: "Me neither! At least then my shoulders and back will stop aching."
Katie went straight to the hospital when she started feeling labor pains. Dmitri followed after her as soon as a baby sitter was called to watch after their sons. They never could have imagined the surprise they were in for though.
As the taxi drove them home to where their sons were being watched by a neighborhood boy they stared at each other in shock and slight horror. Both were utterly speechless. This was not something they were prepared for.
Calista had come out first. She's a bit neurotic but a genius.
Juliet quickly followed her. She's artistic and a little insane.
Katie was not done yet though. Valarie was the third and fortunately the last baby born that day. Valarie is athletic and good.

In case anyone is wondering how I got triplets and would like to endure the difficulties of taking care of three babies/toddlers at once, here's what I did. First, I made sure both parents had the fertility treatment reward. Then I made sure childrens music was playing in the kitchen and the family room where Katie spent most of her time while pregnant. Last but not least, I made sure she watched a lot of children's tv, which was super easy since she's a couch potato. The result was triplets!
With the new additions to the family, Ethan's crib was moved to Jaedon's room. Jaedon is not very happy about the new situation, especially when he's rudely awaken by Ethan's screaming.
Proof that there really are three babies in the house. Lucky me! At least Katie doesn't have to have any more babies to fulfill Dmitri's LTW.
Like father like son. Ethan and Dmitri both like to just wear their underwear around the house. Thankfully, they don't have too much company so it's not that big of a problem.
Dmitri's not only a stay-at-home dad at the moment but he's also the family handyman. He's always fixing broken tubs and the teleportation pad. Hopefully, he won't get electrocuted like Melanie did in the last chapter. Katie would never survive raising five children by herself.
Katie was getting a bit stir crazy from being cooped up in the house on maternity leave so she volunteered to teach an art class at the local school. Not only did it give her an excuse to leave the house, but she earned a few simoleans in the process. Jaedon was not too pleased to see his mom teaching one of his classes though.
Ethan was always doing silly things as a toddler, like hiding in his toy chest. Katie worried that he'd hurt himself some how but he managed to escape toddlerhood without much more then a scratch.
Would he be able to do the same as a kid though? Especially since he added daredevil to his list of traits. Katie will have to keep an even closer eye on him now and that won't be easy with three babies to take care of as well.
Dmitri and Jaedon are both genius', but neither has played too much chess. Something tells me this will be a long match. At least Dmitri will get a break from changing dirty diapers for awhile.
Katie doesn't mind giving Dmitri a break from the triplets. They are a handful but they're all loved very much. Of course, life will settle down more once they grow up a bit.
The toddler years are bound to prove more difficult then their baby years. There is just so much to teach them early on that Dmitri and Katie will be busy nearly none stop.
Katie's finally going back to work so she won't be able to help as much as she'd like. Poor Dmitri will have his hands full. Fortunately, he may have a helper in Jaedon.
Jaedon has grown up into a teenager and can officially help out with his little sisters. Like most teenagers he'll probably be hard to find when it's time to help though. He added never nude to his list of traits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive