Thursday, August 6, 2009

Photographs & Memories Part 2

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Me; Kathy, Me & Billy; Mom, Me & Billy.
Me with Dad Me at Christmas Me before the First Communion
Me & Dad; Me at Christmas; Me on the stoop.

OK, so I mentioned that I had been going thru some family photographs recently, all in an effort to put something together for the 50th anniversary of my parents. Needless to say, I found some old pictures of myself. That is kinda horrifying. No, not because I think I look like Quasimodo or something, more like how much I had forgotten. Including that I had blond hair at some point.

Photobucket Photobucket
Kathy, Me, James & Bill; Me and Kim.

So I was born and lived the first 9 years in a suburb of Philadelphia, so all those pictures are from the 60s. You know, I remember the days RFK and MLK were shot. Just saying, since some reading this might not be able to say that. [rolling my eyes]. But I remember hearing about it when I was visiting a friend named Isaac. We were sad. Hell, I was 8, it was kinda scary.

Photobucket Photobucket
Mom & Dad with me in utero; Me in front, with Tim, Kathy & Billy.

I sometimes can't believe the clothes that I wore. I mean, that's me up there, with the freakin' bow tie! And me below here, the the overalls with one strap undone. Hell, I was only a teenager there, so I just don't get it. And way down there, did I really cut off the sleeves? I am basically a 'jeans 'n t-shirt' kinda guy, yet I managed to hit some of the odder fads.

Photobucket Photobucket HRS Pics
A variety of hairstyles for me.
HRS Pics Bo Derek, watch out Photobucket
My hair looks great here; braids from vacation; the late 80s.
Me & Rampenlichten Photobucket Photobucket
Early 80s; late 70s; the RI shore is windy.

So, the pictures on this particular post represent almost 5 decades of a life. Countless lengths, styles and colors of hair [I think I was lucky enough to escape pictures when the hair was red with the henna products, let alone when the blond streaks were added], the clothes [mine mainly, but do you see the outfits others are wearing up top here?], sometimes contacts, sometimes glasses, and life in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York City, Rhodes Island, Vermont, and back to Delaware. I also noticed that I was able to avoid the camera when I was shopping in the Sears Husky department. My mama didn't raise no fool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive