Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter 4

Welcome back to another lovely update of the Roland family. There's definitely a bit of chaos in this chapter, which is mostly my fault. I can be so impatient some times.

Okay, I have no idea what happened here. Last time I played this lot Chloe was not anywhere near this big. I downloaded a couple files but I don't know why that would effect her weight. At any rate, I sent her straight to the elliptical to burn off some of those extra calories.
Aw, man! Dante's insane which means he won't be wearing his skimpy swim shorts when he plays in the sprinkler. Doesn't he look so happy though?

*spoiler alert* You'll get to see those lovely swim shorts I mentioned in a few slides. Patience is a virtue. Yeah, I need to keep reminding myself of that.
Ha! She was only on the treadmill for a few hours and she's already skinny again. I did give her the fast metabolism reward right away but that was freakishly fast. It was probably just a weird glitch. I'm glad she's back to normal at any rate.
I guess normal is all relative. Nicholas must work in the military or police force. I don't know why she would have gotten the option to salute him otherwise. I hope she realizes this doesn't count as flirting. I really should have let her out more as a kid/teen.

Side note: Later on I checked to see what his job is and he's a newspaper deliverer. Not sure why anyone would want to salute him...
None of the sims this generation are going to get married at the rate they're moving. Melanie is suppose to be looking for a future spouse instead she's picking up bugs? What gives!?! Note to self: must let teens out of the house.
Yay! Progress has been made. Chloe has finally managed to get that first kiss. It took us long enough, geesh!
Melanie invited out the guy she met at the pool. Personally, I'm not too crazy about him. He's got quite the schnoz on him which is a huge turn off to me. I'll take overweight any day over a giant nose.
Dante's having some trouble finding the right lady. When I check to see what age stage the women he meets are at they're all adults. I'm terrified about him marrying an adult that could be on the verge of elderhood. This one's pretty but she's already an adult...sigh.
Brent: "What in the world are you doing son?"
Dante: "Looking for treasure."
Brent: "Unless you consider spoiled food, shredded papers, or snot rags treasure you won't be finding anything in there."

Anyone else notice how disgustingly thin Brent is. He needs to put on a few pounds if you ask me.
Brent: "Stop digging through the garbage. You're embarrassing this whole family. There is nothing exciting in our trash!"
Dante: "One person's garbage is another person's treasure."
Brent: "Then ask the members of this house to make sure you don't want whatever it is they're throwing out, but don't dig through the trash."

They're both grumpy outdoorsmen.
Remember how I told you I had one of the sims check the mailbox awhile back and a bunch of plaques were awarded to the various family members. Well, I found out you can sell them for $750 each. One was even worth $1,000. At least they're good for something.
Melanie: "What's with the smirk?"
Chloe: "I had my first kiss."
Melanie: "You what? Really? Oh, I'm so jealous."
Chloe: "It was so wonderful."
Melanie: "Yeah, yeah. Don't rub it in."
Do I really need to say anything? He might be nuts but look at that body!
Ebony wanted to meet the guy her daughter was dating. Chloe was afraid to bring him home out of fear that her mom would scare him away. Luckily, Ebony was in a good mood and said nothing mean to Nicholas at all.
While Ebony talked with Nicholas, Melanie saw Daniel Hickey walking down the street. She thought he was rather attractive and ran out to greet him. The two talked for awhile outside on the curb before Ebony interrupted. Again, she was feeling happy and kept her nasty comments to herself for once. It looks like both guys past whatever test Ebony had for them.
It turns out Daniel lives right next door to the Rolands so Melanie walked him home. Not only was he easy on the eyes but he seemed like a nice guy. Before she left that night they shared a kiss, her first.
There's nothing more Brent enjoys then being outside. So, after collecting his weekly income from the spa he decided to play his guitar in the park. He may not be good enough to pull in a large crowd but he couldn't care less about that.
That's kind of cool. Apparently, since Dante's a handy sim he'll walk around with a wrench in his hands. Sadly, there's really nothing that needs to be repaired or upgraded at the moment.
Dante: "What is that?" You're single, love the outdoors and are handy. Wow! You and I are meant to be. Will you please be my girlfriend?"

Um, well, she's an adult. Are we sure this is a good idea? What if she's almost an elder?
Melanie visits Daniel all of the time. The two are nearly inseparable. I think she has found her future spouse.
I totally think they're adorable together. I want them to have babies.
Hmm, maybe my wish will come true. I think I heard a lullaby. The blasphemy though. They aren't even engaged and she's pregnant.
Brent and Ebony are getting up there in age but are still as in love as they always were. They've always been able to balance each other out. Well, at least Ebony has been able to keep Brent from being too grumpy. I'm not sure if Brent's helped with Ebony's mean spiritness at all though.
Okay, sure. You two can be friends. I'm totally okay with that.
Oh, no. Is he flirting with her? I just don't know about this. Seriously, she could almost be an elder and we'd never even know it.
Chloe and Nicholas may be getting along rather well, but I'm not so sure Chloe's ready to settle down. Actually, I doubt she'll ever be. Just like her great-grandfather Eddie, she had commitment issues.
Aw! She looks great pregnant. Her maternity clothes are even the right color. Melanie loves black and red goes so well with her hair.
Here goes nothing.

Dante: "I really like you a lot. Will you move in with my family?"
Andria: "Absolutely! My roommate's been driving me crazy lately anyways. Thanks for offering."
Dante: "Really? I'm so excited! Now, we can run through the sprinkler together and repair broken items at the same time."
Andria: "Oh, goodie!"
Doh! She's two days from becoming an elder. I should have known better. At this point the heir poll was still running over at boolprop and Dante and Melanie were tied. I crossed my fingers and hoped that Andria could still get pregnant. Dante still had a single bed at this point so I sent them to Brent and Ebony's bed. As you can see Brent is a little pissed off about this. Ebony could careless though.
Oh, thank goodness! I heard a lullaby. Now, get out of your parents bed. That's just gross! I can tell you now that Andria will be watching a lot of cartoons and listening to a lot of kids music. Twins, here we come. Oh, crap. There's already six sims in the house and two are pregnant. Augh!
I think it was Brent who had enough extra LHP to allow the family to get a food replicator. I didn't quite understand what it did until the Rolands got one. For those who don't know, three different plates of food can be stored in the replicator and then later any sim can replicate the plate up to 10 times. It's kind of cool, especially if you store your sims favorite foods in it.
Scaring a pregnant woman? There should be a law against that. For crying out loud, she's her own daughter.
Nothing can stop Melanie from working out. She already maxed out her body skill long ago but she just can't get enough. Exercising is her life!
After I realized Andria could only have one baby with the current number of sims living in the house I saved the game and waited for the heir poll to end before playing further. If push came to shove, Chloe would be leaving the house earlier then I'd planned.
Fortunately, when the voting was all done and said Melanie won by a large margin. Phew! I can relax a little and not make any rash decisions. I'm happy Dante will have at least one kid, but there is still the issue about Melanie's baby daddy not living in the Roland house yet. I really don't want to move Dante or Chloe out until they meet their LTW so it may be a little while until that happens.
I'm a little sad that Dante wasn't chosen as heir. He really is the epitamy of a true Roland. Eddie would have been so proud. At least, Melanie is mean spirited and hot! I totally need to change her every day wear though. She could look so much sexier with the right outfit.
Andria needed a good massage so she teleported to the family's spa. You would think since Brent owns the place his family wouldn't have to pay for any services there, but apparently not. They don't even get a discount on anything. What's up with that!?!
Chloe: "Ever think about slicing up the watermelon? Isn't it a bit hard to eat like that?"
Melanie: "Hello! I'm as large as a whale and my hormones are completely out of whack. Nothing makes sense anymore."
Ebony spends her days on the computer playing chess. Oh, sure, she still invites the occasional chess opponent over but ever since she became a chess legend that's low on her list of things to do. It's not like she exactly got along with most of them anyways.
I really like how handy sims walk around holding a wrench. Too bad there's so little to fix and upgrade around this house. Maybe it's time to swap out the old objects for new ones...
It should be no surprise that Melanie had a baby girl. Daniel and her named the little bundle of joy, Hiedi. She's evil and hates the outdoors. What? How can a Roland hate the outdoors? That's just terrible!
I was glad to see Daniel showed up at the hospital for the birth of their baby girl.

Melanie: "Thanks so much for coming!"
Daniel: "Where else would I be? I couldn't miss my first daughter being born."
Melanie: "She's beautiful, isn't she?"
Daniel: "Yes, just like her mother."
There's something really wrong about this picture. Shouldn't the man be giving the pregnant woman a massage, not the other way around? I suppose Dante did have a rough day at work and she did just have a professional massage so whatevs!
Dante: "Andria, you're an amazing woman and you're carrying my child. What would you say to getting married?"
Andria: "Yes, lets do it quick. I want to be married before this baby comes out."
Dante: "By the looks of it that'll be soon so lets not waste anytime."
She doesn't exactly look evil to me, more like sweet and innocent.
Brent was delighted about having a grand-daughter and took her every where he went. He was anxiously awaiting his next grandchild, which was coming any moment now.
So, you know how Chloe's fifth trait is just missing. Well, I saved her LHP and gave her a mid life crisis. I kept her four original traits and added the perfectionist trait. I'm nearly positive that's what it was suppose to be. It turns out her paintings are even better with this trait. I must thank Aaroc for pointing this out in his Asa Legacy.
Andria gave birth to a happy and healthy baby girl, named Brianna. She is absent minded and excitable. Danta looks pretty stressed out about the new addition to his family.
Chloe has finished the portraits for this gen and maxed out her painting skill. She has just a couple more writing skills to go before she achieves her LTW of becoming an illustrious author and moving out so Daniel can move in. Although, it looks like he may be able to move in a bit sooner then that.
Aw, not Brent! He's still so young and for some reason he never achieved his LTW of growing eight different perfect species of plants. According to his gardening journal he harvested over eight didn't species of perfect plants so what gives. Did he have to plant seeds and not whole veggies/fruits to achieve this? He never used seeds. It kind of sounds like he should have based off the description that pops up when you hover over the LTW. He did fulfill two of the gardening challenges though.
Alright, so maybe none of his kids came to say goodbye but at least Ebony and Andria showed up. Ebony was a down right mess over Brent's death. She's actually a couple days older then him so I wonder how much longer she has.
There's no reason for anybody to have a negative moodlet over Brent's death so Ebony went around curing everyone. She cured her broken heart first and foremost!

So, thanks to my impatience, Dante ended up marrying someone way older then him and I have a house that was too full to move in the dad of the next generation. I really need to chil-lax sometimes :) To keep me occupied during times like this I started an asylum challenge. You can find it here: http://forums.boolprop.com/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=42763

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive