Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Wall


On Friday night I got an invite to go and see something new (well new to me) and I accepted the invite and TP'd in..........

Well I have to say I was lost for words at this performance I had never seen anything like it and probably never will again.

The set, the animations, the sheer creativity using the platform like it should be used a perfect amalgamation of creativity, music, dance and the platform.

You can find details in the EVENTS section which will tell you all about the Peacefest that 'The Wall' is a part of next weekend.

After the show I had the chance to chat to Debbie Trilling the creative director she told me when I asked her about the show;

"We created it because we wanted to do something ambitious... to set a new benchmark for live performances in SL. We are all experienced Content Creators, and, 'The Wall' seemed to be a perfect challenge....as well as fabulous music"

They definitely did that - it was a performance like no other, she went on to say "We started building it in Jan 2008, first performance was in April....tonight was the 25th time we have performed it, and now over 1850 people have seen it"

The Wall will be coming to an end soon only 4 more performances are planned so if you want to see it (I recommend everyone seeing it) you need to go soon ;

"It has been a trip..." Said Ms Tilling "But we have been working on it for 8 months now; and we as CARP have a new production premiering on 6th Sept....I want all our energy directed towards that. All previous performance have been for RFL...we raised in the order of 170,000L from this show...tonights performance and next weeks are for SL PeaceFest 08 (Amensty, UNICEF and others)"
I urge everyone to go and see something so out of this world it can truly show you what can be done in this virtual existence.
Dana

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive