Thursday, August 28, 2008

Inventory issues - and some quick fixes

After yesterdays problems with the grid I wasn't too surprised to find I had quite a lot missing from my inventory (I actually had about 10k items missing) and do you know I had forgotten how to clear my cache which is the first thing anyone will tell you to do if you are having issues with SL and especially invent.
So I thought I would post a reminder for anyone else who is also having difficulties this weekend:
(click the image to open it in a new window full size)

Firstly locate the edit button on your top menu bar, go down to the very bottom and click on preferences. This will open the preferences menu. The 3rd tab down should be 'Network' there you can see a button that says 'Clear Cache' click on that.
AFTER you have done this you MUST relog, it won't work until you do and you can expect it to take a little while to reload and also for the objects to appear back in your inventory.
Another fix is also to clear your browsers history.
If these fixes still don't work go to the support portal and file a ticket or ask for live help - I will wish you luck on that one!
Hope this helps some
Dana
sources: WIKI

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive