Monday, July 21, 2008

Time to speak out for one Furry

Dear Second Life,
What did you think when you started this game? Did you think it was gonna be better? Did you think the world wasn't as easy to deal with on the outside as it should be in here?
Did you think that Second Life was all about sitting back and enjoying yourselves and waving any sort of concern for common decency or culture or sense of dignity out of your lives.
You can complain about the sex, the lewdness of it, too many people running around trying to make themselves the ideal image of what everybody else in the world thinks is perfect.
Then you have a group, a group of people who has their focus on what they wish, what they really wish they could be, because most times it makes you feel like you are little bit closer to normal.
You have all the traits of the cat or dog laying right next to you now, but you add some and make it just a little closer to humanity. It's not a hard concept really, we're like hippies with fur and not as dirty...most times.
Our concern isn't so much our hair or shoes, it's just the general idea that humans could be better if they took some tips from our animal counterparts.
I was going to write about the issue of the pageant, my anger, insecurity, outrage, but that isn't me, I am a happy kitty and I don't need to publicly bash anyone to make a statement.
That's what words are for, you know the ones you use to actually say something?
It isn't so much an issue of not liking to be told what to do, I could be stubborn and bullheaded until the end and you still probably wouldn't listen.
It's the issue that some of you are still treating your fellow man, wolf, cat, bunny, like the things you don't like to see in the world outside your computer.
I really couldn't care less about how much sex you have or the eighteen times you've been partnered. And I am not saying that your 'I don't give a ****' attitude isn't understandable, but if millions of people can march for a cause in a country and it's totally degrading to holler out certain words in public, why is it ok in a world that you think is supposed to be an escape?
I have heard people say furries are sissies, they don't fight back, I have also heard furries are aggressive (shame on you for that). 'Furries' is a word, you like it? It's just a word, but if you start to pick out traits, flaws, pieces of people and tell them to hide those away to fit your image of what the world is supposed to be like, then you start taking away equal rights. That is the issue here.
You can call me whatever you feel like, but I am NOT crawling under the table and letting you tell me that just because I won't remove my attachments I can't be like you.
I know I will still be furry inside and that is all well and good, but maybe I want to be furry outside too. I was furry when I wasn't in this game, I went to conventions, I have done things that make me seem weird to you. I am fine with being weird, being comfortable with myself it is half the reason I am who I am and it's about **** time you become a bit more comfortable with who we are as well.
Speak out people, this is a whole new world, huge, new possibilities, things you haven't even had the time to center your minds around.
Grab it, make a difference be someone. Peace and equality should be available to everyone, no matter what side of the grid you're on.
Cheetah X

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive