Saturday, July 5, 2008

Is this a SL midlife crisis?


You have just logged in and you wonder what to do. Cannot get yourself to go to a club. Don't feel like working on a project. Looking at your friends list and not sure who to get in touch with, but mostly, what to tell them. Exploring gardens? You have done that soooo many times before. Shopping? You have a huge wardrobe already.

Is this a "SL midlife crisis" that you are going through? This is the question that goes in my mind right now. Since creating my avatar in April 2007, I always had the impression that there was a project awaiting me or someone I needed to catch up with. A sim to explore or a store to shop in.

These days, I cannot say that. I have the impression of wandering around, leaving plenty of potential untapped. I only find something great when someone else suggests it. I can't seem to find anything interesting myself. The SL5B sims bored me. I always visit the same locations, hang out at the same club, and I am not impressed by my favorite creators anymore.

What's up with that? Do we get bored easily? I had so much fun in Second Life since I ever entered it. I must be alone in this condition. The latest data released by the Lindens shows that less people create premium accounts but those who stay around seem to reach a higher level of involvement than before.

There must be something that escapes me here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive