Saturday, March 14, 2009

Relay for Life 2009 Kickoff

By Bixyl Shuftan

On Saturday March 14 at 10 AM SL time, Relay for Life held it’s “Kick-Off Party.” The event was held in a stadium build to accommodate a huge crowd, a corner each in four sims, IBM, IBM 1, IBM 6, and IBM 7. The capacity was greatly needed, a look at the map showed a turnout of 150 people, that later went up to 170.

The leaders of Relay for Life thanked all for showing up, and there were stories if inspiration and hope given to the audience. Tears were expressed via text as times, at others the stadium was filled with enthusiastic cries of “Woooo!” and “Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!” via gestures. It was also announced that 37 sims would be involved in the RFL walk.

After about an hour, the rally began to wind down, though people would stick around for a while, and played the following song:

“I run for hope, I run to feel,

I run for the truth, for all that is real,


I run for your mother, your sister, your wife,

I run for you and me my friend,

I run for life”

Bixyl Shuftan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive