Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Griefing Method on SL

7am SL time, March 23rd, as I'm happily roleplaying on a Star Wars sim wearing the sexy little Twi'Lek avatar I made as seen in my recently posted comic strip, I and many of those around me were suddenly rendered completely unable to move or speak, as our main maps kept opening of their own volition, against our wills, no matter how many times we tried closing it.
While this attack didn't affect everyone on the sim, it affected enough of us as to derail several rp's going on, and forcing several of us to relog at least once, twice in my own case.
The attack lasted 5 minutes, and for now seems to have subsided.
No group is claiming responsibility for the griefing as yet, but as with all griefing, all it succeeded in doing was causing irritation and annoyance that will quickly be forgotten by the players here, and the ego boost given to the culprits by the lulz this irritation gave them will dissipate soon enough, leaving them once again feeling like the empty-lifed losers they clearly are.
From Little Mos Eisley in Skyler, this is Penny Sautereau Reporting.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive