Sunday, October 5, 2008

Burning Life 2008 :The End

Well, I did get to the burning at 6slt last night and it was a great event.
I stood next to Philip Linden and Torley Linden was in the sim but I did not see him.
There were more avatars then we could count! The place where 4 sims came together so many were able to get there.
Today the temple will burn.
I am not sure how long the builds will remain so if you get at chance try to visit before they go. One thing I enjoyed most about roaming the Burning Life sims was meeting some of the creators and talking with them about their work.
I also met some other people involved in the Burning Life . There were several rangers who come by at various times just keeping an eye on what was going on .
I talked to Tom32 Anatine who was in front of the Ranger Station asking him what was their job here. He explained that the Rangers were representative of all Rangers, not only in Burning Life but also of Burning Man. Later I met Rangermickey who is a ranger in both lives! They are there to address concerns, mediate disputes, and keep an eye out for any issues that may arise during the building time and the open week.
It seemed everyone was trying to have a positive effect on making this week as enjoyable as possible for all, builders, greeters, performers , volunteers, and all visitors. I witnessed a lot of camaraderie during the week before the opening. Requests for help in scripting, for additional ideas, for missing objects were readily answered with ,“IM me ,I can help”, or “tp me over there , I will take a look”, or referrals to others who could answer the questions.
Some of the Lindens were around too watching the progress. Philip Linden visited the plains to see how his idea has grown during these past years. Dusty Linden did a great job of keeping things on track and overseeing the project with the others.
One complaint that should be addressed before the next huge project that I heard from builders was the fact that the servers should be better to accommodate the massive projects with more ease as avatars begin moving among them.
Evidently the planning crew also overestimated the number of allowed prims which they promised would not occur next year. If you look in the wiki you will find the names of most of those who were involved.
I was impressed with the SL5B but I must say this was much more impressive to me. I am glad I was able to cover the story as it unfolded and look forward to next year!
By Gemma Cleanslate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive