Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fire Island changes hands

As many know Carter Giacobini bought Fire Island from Vito and re-opened it on May 22nd 2007 now begins the next chapter in its history with Carter making the difficult decision to step down as owner.
Beau Loring has bought the controlling share and will be managing Fire Island with his boyfriend Micha Fotherington.
This is a sad occasion for me personally as FI and Carter go together in my mind but Carter is not leaving just concentrating on other areas, in a notecard sent out Carter had this to say about his decision;

"Though I've sold my interest in Fire Island, I am not leaving. My bf Xavier Queler and I own 3 parcels on Fire Island South and plan on building a home fit for queens.
:-) I am also keeping controlling interest in Gatsby Heights and Moon Light Bay and am still the sole owner of Venture Magazine. I plan on spending more time on Gatsby Heights and taking Venture Magazine to the next level.
The time that I've spent as Fire Island's proud owner has taught me so much and I've created so many amazing friendships because of it. The community on Fire Island is - bar none - the best that I have ever known inside Second Life. As many of you know, this was the first place that I ever tp'd to when I learned how to work the search feature. When I bought it from Vito, it felt like I was coming home, again. Now, it's time for me to step aside and let the next chapter in this virtual institution begin.

Over the next couple of weeks, I will be assisting Beau and Micha with the transition. I want to ensure that everyone who owns property on Fire Island, wants to do business with Fire Island or has questions about Fire Island go to Beau Loring first. If he or Micha have questions, they will ask me, but my time for making decisions about Fire Island is now officially over."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive