Friday, October 23, 2009

Wondrous Sights on the Playa!


Every time I tour the playa I see more and more amazing sites. The builds are lovely and the interactive ones are wonderful to play with. Parties are taking place all over the region, on the stages and also in local parcels built for that purpose. I saw the sl children having a party in Loki Eliot’s  “Waiting for Pippin”. I wandered into a Man Versus Woman parcel where you may listen to quotes from men and women by standing on mats in front of their names. I listened to Zsa Zsa Gabor’s words, “: I want a man who is kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?” and Henry Kissinger, in one of his dry witty periods, “: Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.” You can find many at
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Burning%20Life-Leadville/46/24/24.
Last night there was a magnificent dragon flying by the Man that was almost as big as the Man! I think she had four heads. She said she could only come when the playa was mostly empty because she took up so many resources in the sim. It was a wonderful sight to see! I was on the playa the other night when the Lamp Burners made their procession with drums and dancing all the way to the Temple lighting the lamps along the road as they passed. It is a marvelous experience to walk along with them as they traverse the long way to the most northern sim and watch the dancing before the ethereal Temple.
If you have not been there yet I wonder why? 

The Man burns on Saturday in many time zones for your comfort and the Temple burns on Sunday. 
There is a page on the web where you can check the Events taking place. I hope to see you at one of them. http://burninglife.secondlife.com/eventsbrowse   

Gemma Cleanslate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive