Monday, April 27, 2009

Ecology X3

A group assembled on Ecologia island for a tour Thursday in keeping with Earth week in sl.
There was a very patient tour leader, Marc Moana, waiting for those who would join us. This sim is built around the 3 ecologies; natural, social and psychological:
AIRE is the first French association to be established in Second Life since October 2006. AIRE is a real life association also dedicated to the same 3 ecologies. This sim is the showplace of all the arts developed here to unite the three.
The tour took us to see the wonderful art, some to observe and some interactive..
As we began I thought we were being griefed as shopping carts rained down upon us but no, it was part of the exhibit.
We looked at some fascinating art forms there.
To see what happens to our money at the bank I sat upon a ball which whisked me through an ATM into what seemed to be melting gold. It was fun riding along but I felt captured and could not escape! I never reached the final point but will return to complete the journey.
There are lectures presented to discuss the association of banking to ecology.
Two towers stood there reminiscent of the twin towers to me but no! Between the towers was a collections of eggs . After being warned, we observed from the air so we would not fall. The towers collapsed upon the eggs, which remained unbroken.
Ahha!! Failing banks!!( I think.)
The tour I think was just an introduction to a place I really need to discover more.
Earth week is really wonderful! It is introducing new places to me ! This sim will be here for you to explore but will be evolving and changing so go see it now and save the landmark to see what will be there next.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ecologia%20Island/138/122/64.
From this point you will be able to tp to the venues.


Gemma Cleanslate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive