Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Robin Linden steps down

"To all my Second Life friends,

After nearly seven years, I’ve decided to step down from my role at Linden Lab on February 15. I’m planning to take some time to explore a few different avenues as I decide where, when and what the next chapter of my life will entail.

Watching the growth of Second Life from the early beginnings in Lindenworld to the unbelievably diverse, creative, vibrant community that exists today has been the highlight of my career. The people who built the world of Second Life are fantastic pioneers and I’m so proud to have been part of the genesis of this amazing experience.

I’ll be in Second Life as Robin Linden for the next two weeks, and after that as my alt, Taliesin Protagonist.

See you in-world and in the forums!"

Just a quick glance at the forums tells it own tale, Robin Linden will be sorely missed as the speaker for the residents and the connection she had with many. So ends another era and I can't say it any better than Troy McLuhan:

And so, over time, the old leaders set sail for new shores, and the Fourth Age of the world began...
Few can remember them now, the Linden Town Hall meetings at the corners of four sims, open to every resident of the land. Such tales seem tall now...
But like the wand of Starax or the CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + H hippos, they faded from memory and became the yarns of legend...

Robin Harper joined Linden Lab as their SVP (Senior Vice President) of Marketing and Business Development early in 2002, later moving to SVP of Community when they hired David Fleck. Some of her initiatives include the "Hotline" forum, later renamed to "Second Life Answers", and the regularly-scheduled community meetings.

Sources: Official Secondlife blog, Wikipedia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive