Monday, January 4, 2010

New column for SL residents


A day of a newbie's life

Hi all first of all I want to introduce myself,
I'm Shackle Simsider, and as it will say above I'm a newbie.
And I want to share my experiences with other people.
So here I ended up writing an article in the newspaper
One of the first things I stumbled on was money:
If you are new to this game and don't know what to expect i can imagine people don't want to spend real money,so I tried to find ways to make money in game
And there it is a Money tree:-

You can pick dollars off it by left clicking them (don't fill in any forms or login in a browser window if it opens, it might be a trick to get your password)
a linden dollar looks like this:-

There can also be fruit in it, bannana's oranges or apples depending on the owner of the tree they will be worth more than 1 linden.
There are a few useful things around the tree; the signs will tell you if the 'balance' of the tree is more than 0 linden so in other words "if it is able to spawn dollars on it"
another is 'money in tree', this indicates that there is or isn't any money in the tree (occasionally this will say there is when in fact the tree is empty this can be due to sim lag) the best way to find the money is to go to world than envoirment options and put it on midnight this is becouse the notes are full bright and easier to spot another cool tool is the alt look;
if you want to use this press and hold left alt then left click and hold your mouse now move the mouse forward and left and right
it makes looking in trees and shops a lot easier

I think this is one of the best things to know of as a newbie, not only becouse it gets you your first few linden dollars but its a good way to explore the world, I saw loads of nice places when I was picking money off tree's and lots of freebies near the trees

This is a nice place to start your quest on finding money tree's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive