Saturday, January 23, 2010

Feathers


Retrospective. Spectacular movement in art. 
When I wandered through Feather Boa”s art at AdOpera in the Cripta Gallery it was with memories. I first saw her work at the Garden of Earthly Delights last year and was astounded.  I think of her walking around the city of Boston taking pictures of anything and everything: tiny gears, signs, dials, clocks, envelopes, all kinds of things she passes in her travels. Then she takes them, arranges and rearranges, blends and creates imaginative delightful art works in rl and sl. Such talent! 
Her art has been exhibited in many real life galleries . She works in graphic arts in the USA and Japan . About sl art she says “  I believe that we are seeing a new form of creative expression being born in SL and other virtual worlds. There are so many talented people here and that the best is yet to come." Some of the art is moving and changing as you gaze at it. Stand and wait and you will discover more than you expected. It is a large exhibit in a large gallery. You will be able to enjoy it at the Cripta Art Gallery until the 10th of February. Feathers also owns two galleries in SL. Her life is just beginning and I think she will be around a long time with new visions to delight the eye. I am lucky because I have one of the pieces in my sl home that was a gift from her sl father and mother and think of her often. .
http://slurl.com/secondlife/AdOpera1/149/86/26


By Gemma Cleanslate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive