Thursday, February 4, 2010

Update on Cypress Rosewood

Last week, Second Life Musician Cypress Rosewood was the target of a robbery in real life when a burglar broke into his home (link). Cypress posted on his blog, “our Macintoshes were stolen, my wife's jewelry, two very special guitars including a 1935 Kay Kraft that I received after my grandfather passed, and my main microphone was trashed.“ Fortunately, he had some instruments with him as he was out of town, and having recently upgraded his computer had backed up the hard drive, “you can never have enough backups.”

Of the help he was given, “The outpouring from SL fans and friends the past few days has been overwhelming. It has brightened our mood and spirits here in RL immensely. ... I would like to thank a few people who have been instrumental in helping out with benefits and support. In no particular order, a big thanks to Woode Wood, Jana Kyomoon Hamlet Au, Delinda Dyrssen, Cellandra Zon, Pooky Amsterdam, Von Johin, Crap Mariner, Truelie Telling, Troy McCluhan, Torben Asp, Jess Oranos, Fricker Fracker, Hathead Rickenbacker, Escape Unplugged, Leanna Luftig, Frets Nirvana and Heath Elvejhem and so many more. All people who have helped this past week and fostered publicity making people aware of the situation, please know that it has just helped out immensely.” Cypress stated through donations he was able to get a new computer.

Recently, Second Life Newspaper had a chance to talk with Cypress about the incident, saying there was now a suspect in the case and a warrant for his arrest issued, “he has not been caught yet. I got the heirloom guitar back though.” The burglar had listed the two guitars on Craigslist, “he is not very bright, lucky for me. The detective told me to go buy a lottery ticket.” Cypress, “posted a counter ad, saying they were stolen. The guy that bought them contacted me, as he scours the guitars several times a day on craigslist.” Cypress was soon contacted by a guitar shop, and they had a photocopy of the seller’s drivers license.

On his blog, Cypress stated he had both guitars back, “I have no idea if the jewelry or the computers will ever be found. Will have to see what develops, and if this person is the actual person who broke into our home or not. The guy does have a record and the detective says they will arrest him on burglary charges.”

Cypress soon had to leave, as he was already back at work doing more music videos, “We are working a couple. This one we are working on is Europa Under Ice.” He also had another available, “Color my Dream.”

“I was able to perform live music into Second Life this past weekend again with the grand generosity of the SL community and it makes my heart sing. Thanks so much for the support. My family and I sincerely appreciate it. It has seemed like a team effort with all the positive energy. Sincerely, Cypress Rosewood“

(Picture from Delinda Dyrssen)

Bixyl Shuftan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive