Saturday, May 10, 2008

Exploring: Bay City

At the urging of the Lindens I decided to see the new regions at Bay City. I took the advised route through Cape Haven and flew south for a while. Eventually I began to see land that looked appealing. I arrived at the municipal lands owned by Governor Linden. Highway 66 went right by. I saw a trolley station and stood for a while waiting but was unsure if it would arrive so flew off to explore. I landed at a place that looked interesting.
A bowling alley!!!!! Free bowling in 5 lanes!! Such fun!! And a delightful building to Visit with cute chairs to sit in if you just want a soda or to listen to the jukebox.I finally saw a trolley go by and tried to catch it but no luck! I moved into a near by park with an interesting sculpture that I think may be of the solar system but am not sure.
Underneath I met some interesting avatars also exploring. One was some sort of transformer I think, that kept juggling balls around his (or her) base to form what looked like molecules. Amazing! Another was a cute tiny squirrel who kept trying to sit on the avatar but of course could not!!
I heard a loud sound and saw a huge helicopter flying over which landed in at field. I walked over to look . Well It was an avatar!! A transformer who told me he could not transform!!! He ended face down in the field but finally took off again.
Flying off after missing the trolley again I found a wonderful looking building that turned out to be the sanitation system for the region. Several more large buildings are in that same area, one of which was very secretive and had something to do with moles.. Hmmmm
As I flew over the trolley, again, I spotted a nice playground and stopped to inspect. I am not sure if anything there is working but I saw swings and a sort of jungle-gym . Spotting the trolley again off I went in pursuit .Missed it again!!! There is a great looking cafe with a delightful menu nearby.
One avatar told me she had seen problems never seen in sl before. She saw a suspension bridge upside down. Some avatars were stuck in between regions. Well , I saw one myself, suspended in air like a phantom one could pass through. I also found a highways with bridges not quite over the water. At one point a protest passed me by with a sign saying “Fix SL".
I believe one can take a balloon ride over the region but I never found the entry way to it. Flying is a great way to move about but I also saw horseback riders , a car, several planes. And of course the trolley, which I finally did catch!!. Another avatar told me she did not know what a trolley was except a cart for pushing in the grocery store.
There is much more to see at the municipal area , and there are vast lands to be developed. I hope they will save some open space!!! It was wonderful to fly over vast open lands without malls and clubs and just enjoy the vistas!! It is nice that the municipal park will be there as the rest of the city develops. TP on the map to Cape Haven and fly south.

By Gemma Cleanslate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive